Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Love an Unloved Stamp Challenge




Good Morning! It's Wednesday and it's Love an Unloved Stamp Challenge. It's still cold here although we are warming up a bit, but only temporarily :( So, I decided to use a stamp that makes me feel warm.





This stamp is part of a set from Hero Arts called Word Confetti. I used a really fun technique on this one. I stamped the image in VersaMark and then took chalk and the little pom poms and pounced the chalk onto the versamarked image. The more chalk you put on the darker it gets. It also darkens a little bit as it dries. I started with blue cardstock for my base and cut about 1/2" off the right hand side of the front of the card. I lined the inside of the right hand side with the striped patterned paper and then put the paisley on the front of the card. I think this paper is from Kaleidoscope, but I'm not certain. It's old though. I cut around my stamped image leaving a small white border and then attached it to the front of the card letting a little bit hang over the edge. Then I stapled a piece of ribbon to the image and that was it. Very easy, but a fun technique.

What unloved stamp are you going to love today? Be sure to leave a comment with a link to your creation so we can all take a look.


Our quote for the day: "Nothing is so strong as gentleness; nothing so gentle as real strength." - St. Francis de Sales




Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have time to love an unloved stamp today.

No comments: