Tuesday, January 29, 2008



Good Morning! It's supposed to be COLD here today, but I do have to get out this morning, definitely NOT looking forward to that. This is not one of my unloved stamp posts, this card is one that I did recently for another challenge. I really love the challenges because sometimes they get me to try things I wouldn't ordinarily try. Also, by seeing all the things that other people come up with, I gain tons of new ideas and it just helps tremendously with my own creativity. So, I really hope that you will consider participating in the challenges here on Lagniappe. You don't have to do them all, just when you can, jump on in!!

This card uses a Stampendous clear stamp set that I have misplaced recently. In all of my scrapbook room remodel etc (which by the way is going VERY slowly because I get so overwhelmed - I know I should be just ecstatic about it and I am, it's just so overwhelming), I have managed to misplace the whole set.......I will find it though. Back to the card, I colored the flowers with, of course, prismacolor pencils and mineral spirits and cut them out. I cut about 1/2" off the front of the card and put a strip of patterned paper on the inside of the card where it would show when the card is closed. Then I attached the 1/2 flowers with pop dots. The front of the card has Basic Grey paper as the background, the 'hello you' stamp is from Hero Arts. I punched circles from the same pp I used on the bottom under the 1/2 flowers with my Marvy scallop punch and pierced the scallops and then drew stitching lines with my Sakura glitter pen. I pop dotted the flower onto one of the circles. The ribbon I think is from Oriental Trading Co. I don't order much from them at all, but I just can't resist ribbon! Oh, I did put bling on each of the flowers, one has gems, the big one has stickles in the center and the others have glitter pen accents.

Our quote of the day: "Don't be a blueprint. Be an original." - Roy Acuff

Thanks for stopping by today and have a fabulous day!!

No comments: