Sunday, January 4, 2009

Kisses :)

Yep, it's time for lots of hugs and kisses :) This one was lots of fun to make too. I made it for a challenge on SCS. It's a featured stamper challenge and you can find it here.


For my card, I started with a white card base and then added paper from Imaginisce that will be on the 2RedBananas site hopefully today :) It's called Wild Hearts from the Love Me collection. It's double sided and you know how much I LOVE double-sided papers. I used the back on the background of the card (the red piece that's matting the pink) and then the pink is the front. You can't see it well in the picture but some of the hearts and words are metallic so they shine! I added the red cardstock that I punched with one of the Fiskars border punches, sorry I don't remember the name of it. But I love threading ribbon through it so I did :) It's May Arts ribbon. I stamped the tree with Versafine Vintage Sepia ink and then I colored the hearts with a glitter pen right over the brown ink. The "kisses" stamp is also from Imaginisce and should be on the 2RedBananas website sometime today. I sponged some blue ink for the sky and a little bit of caramel ink under the tree and then I stapled it to the card with red staples.


If you get a chance to play, it's really fun to do! Plus, it helps you get cards that you need made and sometimes even get ahead of what you need :)


Our quote for the day: "Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy." - Isaac Newton


Thanks so much for stopping by and have a great day!

4 comments:

ChrissyM said...

Lovely card. Like how you weaved the ribbon through the paper. Very cute!!

Jami said...

SO sweet - Love that paper and how the fonts on the paper match the stamp!! How cool is that!?!
hugs, Jami

Maraya said...

Very pretty card! I like that tree. I'll be checking out the new stuff on 2RedBananas site.

Lynette said...

So pretty, Jeanette! Great case.