Tuesday, May 12, 2009

2RedBananas Week of Peeks

Hi! I hope everyone had a great Mother's Day weekend. We went to the zoo and it was so much fun, I really love the zoo :)

We are having the 2RedBananas Week of Peeks this week and all the new stamps will be available Monday, May 18th!

This one is called "Flourish with Flowers" by Jami Bova and she was so much fun to play with along with the "Fantasy Fiber". This stuff is really cool and will be on the 2RedBananas website shortly. The color I used is Bellflower and it's a light blue with some purple highlights so those are the colors I chose for the background paper. It was perfect for her wings. Flourish is such a sweet dainty little fairy and I love the way Jami made the skirt to her dress pleat with the strip of 'ribbon' around the bottom. I love all the details :)

The fantasy fiber is really cool because you can iron it to make kind of a woven fabric, which is what I did, and then I stamped the wings onto it and cut them out. The piece on the background I also ironed but I used less fiber so that piece is more 'airy' :) It's very shimmery as you can see in this picture.
We have a bunch of sneak peeks going on so be sure to check out the 2RedBananas blog along with all the design team members.




Our quote for the day: "Always be a little kinder than necessary." - James M. Barrie


Thanks so much for stopping by and have a great day!


6 comments:

Denise Marzec said...

LOVE the look of the fantasy fiber!

Jami said...

Wow, that fantasy fiber looks so cool on her wings!! What a fun look!

Deb said...

Oh, this is so dreamy, shimmery gorgeous!

Wendy said...

This card is so pretty. And I love how your fantasy fiber turned out. When you mentioned using it for wings I had no idea what you were talking about, but it looks very cool!

stampmonkey said...

Your card is so pretty, Jeanette! That fantasy fiber really is shimmery! You did a beautiful job working with it. Just curious...if you don't iron it, how does it work?

Lynette said...

Very cool - awesome card!!!