Friday, April 11, 2008

Beautiful Butterflies





Good Morning! The weather is so fickle here. We have a chance of snow today and tomorrow and if not snow, it will be raining a lot. But next week we will have sunshine and temps in the 70's - woo hoo!!! My flowers will have a chance to grow :)



This morning's card was made using a sketch by Amy Rysavy. You can see the other cards made from the same sketch at http://www.atsblog.typepad.com/. I think this sketch was perfect for this set, I really enjoyed making it. The stamps are from the Beautiful Butterflies set from C.C. Designs, available at http://www.allthatscraps.com/ - I used paper from SandyLion, I know I haven't used paper by SandyLion in a while, but this is beautiful, you can't tell in this picture but both pieces have sparkles all through them. It's a line called Lollia. I stamped in Sepia Brown VersaFine ink and I flocked the butterfly wings and glittered the butterfly's head. I colored all pieces in prismacolor pencils and mineral spirits first so they would have a colored base to start with. I used prima flowers and gems on the flowers as well as the butterfly's tail. The Beautiful Butterflies set really is a pretty set, you can see it here: http://www.allthatscraps.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=627&products_id=5656&zenid=8f30204a145a2216fd9c806a4c2333b6 and it's only $11.00 for the whole set.

Our quote for the day: "Forgiveness is a funny thing. It warms the heart and cools the sting. " - William Arthur Ward


I may not be posting this weekend. Sara is playing in the Regionals Volleyball tournament so we will be watching that Saturday and Sunday. But, I'll be back on Monday if not before. Have a great day and thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

AmyR said...

mmmm so pretty! I LOVE these colors!! :o)

Dawn Easton said...

Very pretty!! Love the sparkle!