Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Happy Birthday Sara & Gunther's Greetings

Happy 15th Birthday Sara!!!
Yes, our baby girl is 15 today, I just can't believe it! I can remember this day 15 years ago like it was yesterday. I can truly say that I have enjoyed every 'stage' that she has gone through....so far anyway :)

We are so proud of you Sara - the young lady you are and the young woman you are becoming! We hope you have a wonderful birthday!

Now to the awesome set we are sneak peeking today. It's called "Gunther's Greetings" and was designed for a specific puppy, Gunther. You can see Gunther on Curt's blog. You can also see projects Curt created with this set! His blog has a ton of inspiration for you and I promise you will leave there smiling, Curt's happiness is contagious :) If you want to ready the story behind Gunther becoming a stamp just jump on over to the 2RedBananas blog and you can read about it, see more samples with the set and enter to win one of our new releases by playing in our Inspiration Challenge.



My card was made with a brown cardbase, and some of the new My Mind's Eye French Flea Market paper. When I looked at the stripes I saw a rug for Gunther to lay on :) so that's what I created. I stamped on of the sentiments directly on the dp too. I colored Gunther with prismacolor pencils and mineral spirits and added December Sky blingz to his bandana. The heart stamp is part of the set as well. I stamped it onto red cardstock, cut it out and added royal red Shimmerz to make is sparkle as well! I also used the brown wrinkle ribbon (again).

Our quote for the day: "With a stop light, green means 'go' and yellow means 'slow down'. With a banana, however, it is quite the opposite. Yellow means 'go', green means 'whoa, slow down', and red means 'where the heck did you get that banana?'" - Mitch Hedberg

Have a wonderful day and thanks so much for stopping by!

5 comments:

Danni said...

This set is so cute!! Love your card and happy birthday to your daughter.

Anonymous said...

Awesome layout - love his little rug and his shimmery bandanna!!

Maraya said...

Happpy Birthday, Sara!
Gunther is adorable on your card and Curt had loads of fun with this set :-)

Wendy said...

This card is adorable. I love the wrinkled brown ribbon, too. Happy Birthday to Sara!

Lynette said...

Awesome, Jeanette! Cute stamp and I love your coloring and card design. (We're supposed to get 5 - 8 more inches of snow today!)