Friday, March 20, 2009

Good Evening! Today I have two cards to show you.

This first one is for Danni's Flutterby Challenge, which is posted every Wednesday and always has something to do with butterflies. This week's challenge was to use butterflies and buttons. Well, I've been using this sentiment from Jami's Value of Joy set alot lately and I don't have any butterfly stamps, so I used my Michael's coupon for this Martha Stewart clear set. I love the different sizes of butterflies. :) Then when I was in Joann's getting buttons for the dress I'm wearing to the wedding, I found these really cool shell buttons :) They are so cool, they're brown on the opposite side and pearlescent on this side!

Supplies:
Stamps: Value of Joy - 2RedBananas, MS Butterflies, Inkadinkado Sketch Flourishes
Ink: Versafine Vintage Sepia, Chalk Ink -Chestnut Roan, VersaMagic -Sahara Sand
Paper: Paper Adventures (old)
Other: Gold Glimmer-Blingz, pop dots, Jute, prismacolor pencils and mineral spirits

This second card was made for the SCS Limited Supplies Challenge. It was to use a spring theme and soft subtles (in the Stampin Up line) of colors. This is what I came up with.





Supplies:
Stamps: Whipper Snapper, Hero Arts
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black, chalk inks
Paper: WeRMemory Keepers
Other: May Arts velvet ricrac, Hero Arts gems, prismacolor pencils and mineral spirits, nestabilities

Our quote for the day: "Goals are stars to steer by, not sticks to beat yourself with." - Barbara B. Smith


Thanks so much for stopping by and have a great day!

4 comments:

Danni said...

Thanks for playing along with my challenge!! Love your card, it is just so pretty!! So delicate feeling!!
The second one is so fun!! Great job!

Deb said...

Your first card is so beautiful and delicate! Those mother of pearl buttons are so perfect for it.

Your second card is adorable! Can't help but think spring and smile with a fun image like that!

stampmonkey said...

Boy, have I been missing out! Wedding...what wedding?! Are you making your own dress?

I absolutely LOVE the butterfly card you made...so soft and beautiful. You did a wonderful job with the Tattered Angels product, and your coloring is so pretty! The buttons are a nice addition too! You struck gold on this one!! ;)

And your little doggie card is so sweet. Love the fun colors and ric rac.

Denise Marzec said...

Your butterfly card is GORGEOUS and I love that Sweet Sniffs of Spring dog....he was my favorite dog stamp for a looooooong time. I made LOTS of ATC's with him.