Sunday, June 14, 2009

Banana Split Sunday and CPS Challenge

Good Morning!

Today's 2RedBananas Banana Split Challenge is playing along with the Card Positioning Systems Challenge that we are sponsoring. It's a sketch challenge and here is the sketch.


I made two cards with this great sketch!

My first one uses the soon to be released Precious Bundles, it's Jami Bova's last set and she says it's her favorite, I can definitely see why. There are lots of fun images and sweet sentiments. It's also FUN to paper piece this image and I can't wait to try it on the others :)

This card is also sweet to me because I used some daisy trim that I got from my Grandmother. I just love the way the trim looks with these sweet papers.


Supplies:
Stamps: Precious Bundles - 2RedBananas (to be released Wednesday, June 17th)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copics
Paper: Imaginisce - Baby Powder line
Other: white Inkssentials pen, Stardust pens - pink, yellow, pop-dots, lace trim, pearls




This one is the first card I made with the sketch. I love these papers and I LOVE the Caring Critters set. It's SO versatile.


Supplies:
Stamps - Caring Critters - 2RedBananas
Ink: Versafine Onyx black, Chestnut Roan chalk ink for sponging, SU Bliss Blue for sponging
Paper: Pink Paislee - Captivating Line (the brown polka dot is not in that line, but that was just a scrap I had so I don't know who makes that one)
Other: Dew Drops - water, Nesties, pop dots, May Arts aqua mesh ribbon, Inkssentials white pen, prismacolor pencils and mineral spirits

Be sure to look at the creations from the rest of the design team:



Also, pop on over to the 2RedBananas blog and the Card Positioning Systems blog to show off your design and be eligible to win a different prize from each blog.

Our quote for the day: "The manner of giving is worth more than the gift. " — Pierre Corneille

Thanks so much for stopping by and give the sketch challenge a try :)

6 comments:

Jami said...

That daisy trim is so sweet, love the little pearls in it! And love how you flipped the sketch on the second card! That pink paislee paper is gorgeous!

Danni said...

Both of these are so nice but that first one is just so precious! Wonderful job!

Silke Ledlow said...

Jeanette - both cards are just beautiful!!! The Sketch is so versatile - I love it!!!

Enjoy the rest of your Sunday!!! Hugs ~S~

Dawn B. said...

Jeanette these are great. Two different looks for the same sketch. Really nice job. I like the way you personalized the first one with the trim. Jami did a great job on this image.

Teresa said...

Two cards, are you trying to make us look bad? They are both cute as usual.

Wendy said...

Both of your cards are so cute. I'm loving the Precious Bundles set! Can't wait to use more of it. Love the colors you used on the bird card.