Friday, April 11, 2014

A Lil Sass

Hi - I played along with the SplitCoastStampers Free for All challenge today.  It's called 'I'll take a slice."  What it challenges you to do is take a slice off the front of your card. 


 My card folds at the top.  I trimmed about 1 1/4" off the bottom of the front of my card.  Then I attached the argyle paper from the Handsome Boy collection by MME, and used a border punch for a decorative edge.  I used the same border punch on the top of the yellow piece at the bottom, but you can only see it when it's open since it's hidden behind the argyle front.  The stamp set is Boots, Class and Sass from Unity Stamp Co.  I colored with prismacolor pencils and mineral spirits.  I finished with sequins.  It was really easy but turned out to be a really fun card.

Thought for the day:  "If your success is not on your own terms, if it looks good to the world but does not feel good in your heart, it is not success at all.:  - Anna Quindlen

Thanks so much for stopping by and have a great day!!

2 comments:

Lynette said...

Cute card, Jeanette! Great stamp, great coloring, and great coordinating papers.

Kathy said...

Gorgeous card. Love the image, colors and the sequins!