Thursday, April 10, 2014

Playing with Backgrounds

 Hi!  Lately I've been seeing lots of backgrounds created with distress inks.  So, I decided to play along.  It really was fun using the distress inks and then watching the evolution of the backgrounds.  I only used two colors of distress ink on each of these cards.

For this card, I used Shabby Shutters and Faded Jeans.  I misted with water and then used a paintbrush to drop a few bigger water drops on it.  Once the water dried I splattered watered down white and black acrylic paint.  I used the Papertrey Ink Boy Basics Rock On stamp set and die.  I didn't use any dimension, so it's great for Operation Write Home.  The OWH Midweek Throwdown is to make a masculine card, so this works for the challenge too.

This one uses Pickled Raspberry and Dried Marigold distress inks.  I misted water and added a few extra water drops on this one as well.  I only used white acrylic paint for splatters here.  The stamp set is Live What you Love from Unity Stamp Co.  I also added 3 pink gems to the center of the butterfly.

These backgrounds were really fun to make, I made a couple more, but will share those another day.  I have more color combos I want to try too.  :)

Thought for the day:  "A kind and compassionate act is often its own reward."  - William John Bennett

Thanks so much for stopping by and have a great day!

3 comments:

craftysahmiam said...

Your backgrounds are gorgeous, wow ! The finished cards are wonderful, too. Are the inks sponged and are they used on regular card stock or glossy?

Jeanette said...

Hi Heather - thanks for the sweet comment! I used the Ranger ink blending tool, and regular white cardstock for these.

Linsey R said...

Ooooo!! I loveeee your hand dyed backgrounds!!! I've had neon thoughts swimming in my head and this is so super inspiring to me!!! Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful creativity!! New follower! :D