Sunday, April 26, 2009

Banana Split Sunday and lots of new stuff...

Good Morning! I hope Spring is being wonderful to you! We've had alot of rain for the past couple of days and although it's not fun sitting in it for softball, the grass and the plants have LOVED it :) More softball this morning so this will be short.

It's Banana Split Sunday on the 2RedBananas blog. The challenge for this week is to use stripes on your project. There is a fun prize to be won as well. The My Mind's Eye - Bloom paper pack :)

Here is my card for the challenge. I used the Sarah Kay Country Girl stamp. She is just so adorable!! I also used the new Pink Paislee Fetching papers. There papers are really nice, very heavy weight!
Supplies:
Stamps: Country Girl - Sarah Kay
Ink: Versafine Onyx black
Paper: Pink Paislee Fetching collection, Bazzill, and kraft cardstock
Other: May Arts Burlap string, prismacolor pencils and mineral spirits, distressing tool


This card was made for the Limited Supplies challenge on SCS. The challenge was to use the colors of a room in your house on your card. I used the colors in my studio (which are also the colors in my kitchen :) Khaki walls, deep red desk, black accessories.
Supplies:
Stamps: Quotes - 2RedBananas
Ink: Versafine Onyx black, Memento Rhubarb Stalk (new color for me and I LOVE it - look for it in the 2RedBananas store soon :)
Paper; cardstock - kraft, deep red, black
Other: nesties, prima flowers, cuttlebug embossing folder (which I inked with the Memento ink BEFORE I embossed the kraft cardstock with it - very fun technique), brads, dew drops, gems, sheer ribbon

This one was made for another SCS challenge. This challenge was to use mostly white or all white. I used a technique for the background that I just LOVE. With the Essentials glue pad, you stamp a background stamp with glue and then sprinkle loose glitter over it. It creates a glittered background for you, very cool! My flowers started out white and I airbrushed them with the Copic airbrush system. I sponged the ink onto the sentiment and then added a few red embellishments.

Supplies: Stamps: Quotes - 2RedBananas, Abstract leaves backgrounder - Cornish Heritage Farms

Ink: Essentials glue pad, warm red chalk ink, Versafine vintage sepia


Paper: Bazzill, plain white cardstock


Other: nesties - lables four, primas, crystal brad, May Arts velvet ricrac, corner rounder, glitter

Our quote for the day: "It is not JOY that makes us grateful; it is GRATITUDE that makes us joyful." - Brother David Steindl-Rast

Thanks so much for stopping by and have a wonderful spring day!

11 comments:

Lynette said...

All three of your cards are just wonderful, Jeanette! I HOPE to get a chance to do your challenge to use stripes this week.

Danni said...

You've been busy!! Love all of these!!Wonderful job!

Teresa said...

You have been busy making cards. Who you gona send them too? That little girl is so cute and she has stripes on her shirt too.

Jami said...

That burlap is just perfect with that Sarah Kay!! Love the new papers!

Denise Marzec said...

You've been a busy girl. These are all beautiful...but oh my MY, I'm really lovin' that Sarah Kay card. The burlap string is just SUCH a great accent!!

Ann said...

These are all so pretty, it's hard to choose a fave! I really love the way you framed the oval sentiment on the second card.

Silke Ledlow said...

All three of your cards are gorgeous - Jeanette!!! Glad to see you've been busy stampin' :) Have a great week!!! ~S~

stampmonkey said...

Looks like the rain's given you quite a bit of time to stamp. ;) Such a darling country girl card --love that burlap trim and how you cut your striped dp into such a fun shape! Your Joy card is so soothing, and I love all the glitter and the little touches of red on you Beautiful Friendship card...and the bling...and the flowers...and the...and the...! VERY pretty cards, Jeannette! tfs

Amy said...

Great card! I love the use of the embossing folder and the rhinestones around each scallop look really effective... I hadn't thought of that!

Heather Schlatter said...

Jeanette,

I really love both of your cards you did a great job!! I just adore the layout and composition of the first card and your coloring is wonderful!!!

I am so sad to see Jami leaving 2 Red Bannana's but I am sure you will have some amazing things coming still!!!

I have been so pleased with my orders from your shop so far!!!

Heather

Christina Fischer said...

You've been busy! All of these cards are beautiful, Jeanette! :)