Sunday, April 5, 2009

Banana Split Sunday - Not a Card

Good Morning! Are you ready for another Banana Split Sunday Challenge? This week's challenge is "Not a Card" - We were challenged to either alter an item or create one from scratch. I decided to alter a small tablet. I've done these before and I just love them because they're small enough to keep in my purse and then I have paper ready whenever I need it and it's not the back of receipts :)

I made one for my sister a LONG time ago and she requested another one a couple years ago and I have been "re-designing" them and making more ever since!

Can you tell I'm ready for summer with this project??? As I'm typing this, it's snowing outside....yes, snowing! And to think, Sara had a softball game scheduled for today!

One of the nice things about this paper, other than the fact that it's just so darn cute!!! is that it has glitter already on it so you don't have to use as many embellishments :)





Supplies:
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Chalk Ink-French Blue


Jump over to the 2RedBananas blog to see what the dt has come up with for this challenge and then play along yourself, it's a fun one!!


Remember too that our Week of Peeks starts tomorrow, so be sure to check back :)


Our quote for the day: "A fellow who does things that count, doesn't usually stop to count them." - unknown


Thanks so much for stopping by and have a great and warm day!!!!

6 comments:

Danni said...

I have the stamps that match this but not the paper, it's soo cute!! What a great project!

Teresa said...

I've told you before those tablets are so cute. You should do a tutorial on that.

Deb said...

So cute! I love this! I have made several...to keep and to give! They are so great to have handy and so much more fun that a standard, boring notebook! I love this paper and matching stamps!

Maraya said...

Jeanette- it's so cute. I'm ready for summer too and those papers are perfect!

Wendy said...

This notebook is adorable. I love that you can take something as inexpensive as a tablet of paper and make it look awesome.

stampmonkey said...

Such a cute note pad! I have the girl and boy penguins, but not the paper -- very cute, and how fun that it's already glittered-up for you!