Sunday, August 2, 2009

Banana Split Sunday - "And I Quote"

Good Morning! It's been a while since I posted. We went to Montana for Ben to look at the University of Montana as a possibility for college. It's a long way from where we live but they have a great Wildlife Biology program, which is what he wants to study. We also went to Glacier National Park while we were out there. We had a wonderful time!!

Now we're back and it's funny, nothing else stops when it's time to go on vacation. Everything else just goes along normally like we were still home ;) So now I get to play catch up. That's okay, some of it is fun stuff, like this!

The 2RedBananas Challenge for this week is "And I Quote". I LOVE quotes!!! I have for a really long time and I'm passing that love on to my daughter too, she has quotes on her walls and mirrors :) This week's challenge is to make a project with a quote as your focus.


Mine uses the "More Quotes" set that was released in July. I just re-read the 6th Harry Potter book and now I'm finally reading the 7th so it was fun for me to use this quote. Also, you can see this part if you look hard and know that it's there, but IRL it's obvious. I used Candlelight Shimmerz around the edge of the dahlia nestie so it really shimmers :)

Supplies:
Stamps: More Quotes
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black, Burnt Sienna chalk ink
Paper: October Afternoon - Daydream collection - Poppy Garden, smooth cardstock
Other: May Arts mesh ribbon, Dahlia Nestabilities, Dew Drops - Winter Retreat, Candlelight Shimmerz, pop dots, photo corner punch, distress tool

Be sure to check out the blogs of the other dt members:

Cassie~Dawn~Deb~Teresa~Wendy

Tomorrow starts the beginning of a sale on the 2RedBananas site. Clearing out some older things to make room for some newer ones :) Be sure to check the site tomorrow for sale prices on Shimmerz, Blingz, Spellbinders dies, and even some stamps!

Our quote for the day: "Sometimes in our attempt to give children what we did not have, we forget to give our children what we did have. " - Connie Podesta

Thanks so much for stopping by and have a GREAT day!

4 comments:

Dawn B. said...

This is beautiful Jeanette. I love this quote. It is my favorite one. SO glad your trip was successful. Great job.

Wendy said...

How was Glacier National Park? I would LOVE to go there (before it melts away, since it's steadily getting smaller).

Your card is so pretty. I really love that quote. I have to find something to use it on. Maybe a card for my sister-in-law who loves Harry Potter...

Deb said...

I love how you staggered the diecuts and made this gorgeous layered bloom with the quote at its center. So beautiful, especially with the bling on each petal and the sponging to highlight! So glad you had a nice trip and made it home safely! (I'm playin' catch-up too!)

Ann said...

I'm like you--I LOVE quotes--and this one is fabulous! Great card!