Thursday, September 5, 2013

Sketches Abound

 Hi!  I haven't been posting much lately, but I have been working.....on the house and a bit on some cards as my reward.  :)

This card was made with the SplitCoastStampers Sketch Challenge 452.  Here is the sketch:


Here is my take on the sketch.  I used October Afternoon papers and Wordsworth stamps, both are pretty old. 


My next card uses the sketch for MOJO 309.  I usually use Verve stamps when I play along with the MOJO challenges, but this one uses Unity Stamps.  Both are great companies!  :)

I also made a couple cards with the Tuesday Morning Sketch #214.  

The first card uses older KI Memories and K&Co papers with a Michael's dollar stamp from this year.  I just love the little owl.  I used Spellbinders dies and added  pearl pen dots.


For this card I used older papers as well, along with a Michael's dollar stamp from last year.  I love these little stamps because I don't feel as badly about buying new Halloween stamps each year.  I really don't make that many Halloween cards, so I can't justify buying lots of Halloween stamps or spending a lot on them.  But, I also don't want to use the same ones every year. Michael's works perfectly for me in this case. :)
 On this one, I heat embossing the stamped image and then colored with Copics.  I really love to heat emboss and don't do it nearly enough!!
 Okay, I think that catches you up on my recent card making.

Quote for the day:  "Follow your heart, but take your brain with you."  - Alfred Adler

Thanks so much for stopping by and have a great day!!

1 comment:

Debbie said...

I love the Halloween Cards...cute and fancy.