Monday, December 29, 2008

My new Christmas toy :)

Good Morning! I did it!! I finally hooked up my Christmas toy. Cliff bought me the Copic airbrush system and an air compressor for Christmas - he's such a keeper! :) I LOVE it!!! When I went to the Copic certification class we got to play with them and that's when I decided I really wanted one. This is the first time I've played with mine so the results are definitely not 'professional' but it's so cool!

You'll notice I also used colors other than blue and green although I snuck the blue and green in there on Willow's clothes :)

I started with a Bazzill card base which is not quite as bright as this pic is showing it, but I didn't have time to play that much with the colors on PhotoShop. Then I use October Afternoon's Paper Lanterns from the Daydream Collection and KM Building from the Hometown collection. For the image I stamped Willow twice, colored her once with prismacolor pencils and mineral spirits and then cut the 2nd one out and used it to mask the first while I airbrushed around her. It was so much fun! Then I added the primas and the dew drops.

This is also the same sketch that I used from www.fridaysketchersblog.blogspot.com. Sketch #30. If you like sketches you should really check it out!

Our quote for the day: "Love, like a river, will cut a new path Whenever it meets an obstacle." - Crystal Middlemas

Thanks so much for stopping by and have a great day!!!

3 comments:

Lesa said...

How stinking fun! Welcome to the dark side! Bwahhahahahahah! ;) Enjoy your toy!

Jami said...

Oh, I'm jealous... I don't even have any Copics yet, let alone an airbrush system!!!

This is so cute - I love that Prima, and love your coloring on Willow!!
hugs, Jami

Maraya said...

Hey Jeanette - I love the bright colors. It's beautiful!