Friday, December 12, 2008

Snow Buddies

Good Morning! This card shows what it COULD look like at my house right not, but it was much warmer making these little guys inside instead of outside :)

The funny news is that my parents who live in southern Louisiana woke up yesterday to SNOW!! My Mom called me because in southern Louisiana you only get snow about every 7 ish years or so. She was so excited and my Dad only likes to come see us in the warm months, although he has come when it was cold. They both grew up in West Virginia so they have both seen their share of snow. They got 1 - 1 1/2" and Mom said everything was white :) It was gone by 11:00 am!


These little guys are made with the Sugarplum Snowmen set from CC Designs. I focused on just the snowmen cause I think they are so cute! the paper I used is Swell Noel from K&Co. This time I colored with prismacolor pencils and mineral spirits and added glitter :) I punched snowflakes with an old snowflake punch and added dew drops to the centers. The word window punch I used is from McGill.


I love these colors and you can tell from my last couple posts :) Christmas cards still haven't been mailed, maybe today.


OOooo, another fun thing I get to do today. My daughter has asked me to come to school for a Role Model Appreciation time. She is a freshman in high school, so it kind of surprised me that they are doing this, but it really made me feel good that she chose me as her Role Model....WOW! She is going to read part of a letter that she wrote to me, so I'm going to bring tissues with me :)


Our quote for the day: "Whoever is happy will make others happy, too. " — Anne Frank


Have a wonderful day and stay warm!! Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

Jami said...

Soooo cute! I love how you colored these little guys and the bit of glitter is perfect!!

That is so cool about your daughter...yep, I'd be cryin' too!
hugs, Jami

Lynette said...

"Cool" card. That is so awesome about your daughter. Be sure to tell us how it went.

Jennifer Love said...

Awesome card! Love the blues and greens! :)