Thursday, September 6, 2012

3 for 3 :)

Today, I got my box for Operation Write Home ready to mail and hope to get to the post office tomorrow.  I actually have a bunch of packages to take.  I'm trying to send packages fairly regularly to our two kids in college.

I LOVE pinterest.  I get on it every day and save so many card ideas to it.  I thought I saved the card to my pinterest board that I based this card on,  but I can't find it.  I know that on the original card, they used one of the Hero Arts Basic Grey stamp sets, but I had this flower in my stash so decided to use this one instead.   I stamped on watercolor paper and use my watercolor pencils.  I added little gems to the centers of the flowers and rounded the corners of my card.  I love the simplicity of it!


Quote for today:  "Being powerful is like being a lady.  If you have to tell people you are, you aren't"

Thanks for stopping by!!

2 comments:

Lynette said...

I love the simplicity of it, too, and bright cheery smile. Sure to bring a smile! The rounded corners are such an easy way to change the look of a card.

Ardyth said...

OOH - this is fun! Love all the colours and that you left some of the petals white!