Friday, January 24, 2014

Back to 'Normal'

Hi.  For today's card, I went back to my more usual cardmaking efforts.  
To begin with this card is based on the sketch from the Sweet Sunday sketch Challenge.  This is the sketch...


and this is my card.  

I love patterned paper, so when I saw all the pieces on this sketch, I saw an opportunity to mix patterns.  :)  I used 3 different double sided papers from American Crafts and Studio Calico.  I also used my Cricut to cut the Thanks!  I'm giving myself  bonus points for that. haha  I added some twine and some brown Pearl Pen to finish.

Operation Write Home is low on thank you cards right now, so I will be making thank yous for a bit until I finish filling the box I am sending them.

Quote for the day:  "Being honest may not get you a lot of friends, but it'll always get you the right ones."          - John Lennon

Thanks so much for stopping by and have a great day!

2 comments:

Teresa said...

great job mixing patterns. It makes me think a of graduation card for some reason. I will have to check out those challenges.

Lynette said...

Great sketch and I love your choice of papers, Jeanette.