Thursday, January 23, 2014

The Challenge of Pastels

Hi!   I love challenges that give me something to start with as I design my cards, but sometimes I attempt things that are really difficult for me, a true challenge.  Today's card is a true challenge.  Operation Write Home's mid week throwdown is to use pastels!  Here is what I came up with.



I know they aren't  really light pastels, but as I looked through my papers, these are about as light as I have.   I truly have trouble with pastels, LOL.    I don't have pastels in my wardrobe or my house.  My babies' rooms were even in primary colors.  I did get to use my new Paper Smooches stamps and dies though!  :)  Another thing I have discovered that I am using more and more often are the little bitty stamps that are included in some stamp sets.  The little 'XO' I used here is one of those.  It is included with the Chubby Chums stamp set I used.  Love those little additions!

Quote for the day:  "Anything that gets your blood racing is probably worth doing."  - Hunter S Thompson

Thanks so much for stopping by and have a great day!!

2 comments:

Lynette said...

So cute, Jeanette! Love the chickie and the die-cut "hello."

Teresa said...

Very cute card but you are right they aren't very pastel. I started thinking about it and I don't really have pastels either. Ha I never noticed before.