Wednesday, January 15, 2014

You're Purrr-fect

Hi!    Have you ever bought something at a time so busy that you don't get to play with your new purchase as soon as you get it?   Or maybe not even for over a month!!!  I finally got to use my new Paper Smooches stamps and dies....yay!! I know these aren't really new but they are new to me.  


I have learned not to order stuff as soon as it comes out, even if I REALLY like it, because let's face it, I REALLY like many, many, many new stamps!  If I keep coming back to the same stamps over and over again and still really want them, that means that I don't have anything else that I could substitute for it and it will be a good addition to my collection.  :)  That's how I was with these sweet Paper Smooches stamps, plus it was right after Thanksgiving and they were having a sale.  So, I finally got to play with them. I also used paper from Heidi Grace's Tweet Dreams collection.  It has bird images on some of the papers, but I resisted using them with the cute little kitty.  :)

I used the SplitCoastStampers Sketch Challenge and also a new challenge blog, Words 2 Scrap By.  The challenge on Words 2 Scrap By is inspired by the song "My Favorite Things" .  My inspiration came from the part about "whiskers on kittens". 

Quote for the day:  "A ship is always safe at shore, but that is not what it's built for."  - Albert Einstein

Thanks so much for stopping by and have a great day!!  

4 comments:

Lynette said...

So cute, Jeanette! I'm glad you finally got to use your new stamps. And the answer is yes - I've had lots of stamps that I've bought and haven't been able to use right away. Then the problem is that sometimes I never DO use them!

BobbisTreasure said...

What a sassy kitty!! Thanks for playing along with us on the inaugural Words 2 Scrap By Challenge!!!

Sybrina K said...

Hi, Jeanette.

LOL! How true about not getting to ink up stamps right away. I purchased the PS Royal Cuteness stamps and dies during their Black Friday sale and still haven't used them. How sad is that!

Speaking of PS, your little PS kitten is adorable. And, I'm totally envious of your coloring skills.

Thanks so much for joining us at W2SB. So glad you inked up your new stamps for our debut!

Unknown said...

Cute card and whiskers on kittens always gives me a warm and fuzzy feeling. Reading your blog post gave me food for thought regarding purchases. Also so inspired by team members and their cards on new releases makes me want to buy buy buy. I like your idea of waiting to see if I keep going back to the same stamp before making a purchase. TFS