Wednesday, May 28, 2008

All That Scraps Challenge





Good Morning! Yes, I know I'm getting worse at posting than I am intending to. I have a good excuse this time. Hubby and I have been working on my cabinets and table for my scrapbooking room. We HOPE to get them installed sometime this week so if we do I'll take pictures and show you what has been taking me away from posting :) They are all custom made (by hubby) so it's taking a little while to complete.

This card was done for a challenge issued by Christine at www.allthatscraps.com. We were to use 3 ribbons on a project and this is mine. I LOVE this Hey Chicky set, it's one of my favorites. For this card I used some older provocraft patterened paper that I had to layer the background. I stamped the Chicky in versafine sepia (I'm finding I really like the sepia, I tend to reach for it more than black). I colored with prismacolor pencils and mineral spirits, the parts of the chicky that weren't going to be flocked (I also find that coloring BEFORE flocking works best). Then I flocked the Chicky :) I love flocking!!! I added brads, a prima flower and a gem and tied the ribbons and it's complete! I really love these challenges! Click over to the All That Scraps blog and you can see some other samples. http://www.atsblog.typepad.com/ Then if you're feeling inspired take the challenge yourself!

Our quote for the day: "Between two evils, I always pick the one I never tried before." — Mae West

Have a great day and thanks so much for stopping by!

No comments: