Friday, May 9, 2008

What You Can do with Scraps



Good Morning! I hope everyone is doing well today. It's supposed to rain here, but the rain is doing wonders for our plants and everything is turning beautiful shades of green so I'm not complaining one bit :)

Today's card is completely from scraps. I read once, and I can't remember where I read it, but anyway, I read that a time savor and great use of your supplies is to make a card with your scraps after you finish making a scrapbook page. That's exactly what I did here. I made a scrapbook page and then while I had coordinating papers and embellishments out I made this card. It's a very simple card (I'm still working on my scrapbook room and it's still a BIG mess, but once it's finished I'll be able to get to my sewing machine more easily and then I would have stitched around the pieces of patterned paper on this card). Easy to make and I didn't have to try to figure out what colors and papers and embellishments I wanted to use because I had already picked them out. You should try this, it's very rewarding :)

Our quote for the day: "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." — Walt Disney

Have a wonderful day and thanks so much for stopping by!

No comments: