Tuesday, May 20, 2008

A Sympathy Card




Good Afternoon! I'm late in posting, but at least I'm posting :)

Sympathy cards are definitely not something I make alot of. It's more of a make one when I need one, so sometimes it's harder for me to come up with what I like and what conveys the message that I'm trying to send. This one did that for me though. The cardstock is a dark tan-ish gold-ish color. It went well with the patterned paper that is from K&Co Ancestry line. It's light green decorative bronzed paper. The bronzed part has a little bit of a sheen to it, but not much. The stamp is from a Heidi Grace clear set. It's one vine and I just stamped it twice. I didn't have just the right color ink I didn't think so I inked it with VersaMagic pumpkin spice and then I tapped Versa Magic gingerbread on top of the pumpkin spice. I liked how it turned out, with a little bit of dimension. The green is just c/s from DCWV and then the ribon is an organdy ribbon I picked up at Joann's the other day. The words I used are rub-ons from My Sentiments Exactly. I LOVE them! They have packages for different themes and there are rub-ons for the fronts and the insides of the cards! Made this one much easier.

I'm hoping to stamp a little bit tonight, hope you get to as well!


Our quote of the day: "A true friend never gets in your way unless you happen to be going down." - Arnold Glasgow

Have a great afternoon and thanks for stopping by!

No comments: