Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Mother's Day is getting close!



Good Morning! I don't know if you realize it, but Mother's Day is this weekend! It snuck up on me this year. Until yesterday I was still thinking I had a couple of weeks. But no, and because the mother's in our life don't live near us, I have to plan ahead to get things mailed out. So, here I am scurrying to get things together and mailed out in time for Mother's Day. I hope they know that even if their gifts are late, we still love them like crazy!!!

This is a card I made last night and I really like it. I know I'm not supposed to say that about my own card, but I think it turned out really cute. I started with a plain white card base and many times I don't like how my cards turn out when I do that, but this time it worked for me. Whoo Hoo!!

I used patterned paper from Imaginisce (have I told you lately how much I'm loving Imaginisce? - and this one's even an older paper). It's also double sided so the red with polka dots is the opposite side of the blue. The stamp is one I bought from the Hot Spot at Archiver's, it was $1.99, I'm lovin' that too :) I added ribbon, prima flowers, gems and dew drops and inked the edge of the card. Oh, on the inside I stamped "Have a Fantabulous Day" from Bella Stamps.

I hope you're Mother's Day cards are getting completed and you're loving them :)

Our quote of the day: "Let us not look back in anger or forward in fear, but around in awareness." - James Thurber

Have a wonderful day and thanks so much for stopping by!

No comments: