Thursday, July 11, 2013

3 Challenges in 1 Card

We have never paid to have painters paint the interior of our house, but for the first time, we have a two story family room and we do not have scaffolding.  I am also not brave enough to go up and down an extension ladder enough times to cut in and roll on paint.  :)

So, we had painters here yesterday and today and my craft room was one of the rooms getting painted.  I brought some basic supplies into the breakfast room so I could create something, just in case I needed to.

Yesterday, the SplitCoastStampers Sketch Challenge was posted and I tried to made a card, but it just didn't come together like I envisioned.  So today, the Ways to Use It challenge was to use hardware.  Well, I have way too much hardware and decided to use some.  As I was thinking about it, I decided to try to incorporate both challenges, AND the Operation Write Home Midweek Throwdown was to make a masculine card.  I could definitely make that work with hardware, right???

Well, this is what I came up with.  I find that sometimes, when I have limited supplies, I am more creative!  I used 4 different stamp sets, some hardware, a little bit of ribbon (remember it's a masculine card :), some tissue tape, and black and kraft cardstock.

I am trying to finish my Operation Write Home box with Thank You cards, but I really wanted this one to be I Miss You.  It will still go in the box.  :)

Quote for the day:  "Why worry? If you've done the very best you can, worrying won't make it any better." - Walt Disney

Thanks so much for stopping by and have a great day!!

No comments: