Sunday, July 28, 2013

Ready for Fall

Oh my goodness, it's hot here today!  I know, what do I expect when I live in Texas right?  
I am ready for fall weather, so for the Operation Write Home Sketch today, I used fall colors.



Here is what I created with the sketch above.  I almost always have words on my cards, but Operation Write Home talks alot about cards that can be used for different purposes and one way to create cards like that is to leave off the words.  This card can be sent as a thank you, I miss you, thinking of you, Thanksgiving or any other needed sentiment card.
I would love to make another card today using this sketch, I have one in mind.  We'll see if that happens.

Quote for the day:  "Accept what is, let go of what was, and have faith in what will be."  - Sonia Ricotti

Thanks so much for stopping by and have a great day!

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Wonderful pumpkin/fall cards! I saw on the Weather channel that it was going to be a hot one in Texas! Yikes! Stay cool! Great take on the sketch! :)

Unknown said...

I like the stitched felt pumpkins. We are on the too cool side here this week...we waver between too hot and muggy to too cool and wet...I could take some of that hot weather..just part of it.

SusanS said...

Great any occasion cards! I like the texture that the pumpkins add.

Linda said...

I agree with Susan the pumpkins are a great addition for texture! tfs!!!

Paula S. said...

Cute! Such nice fall papers too. You're right about making cards without sentiments and it's something I should do more of for my OWH cards. I can definitely see these being used for so many occasions.

Diane said...

Great papers and the pumpkins are a nice element- I want to touch them! Bring on fall!

Melissa T. said...

Love those little pumpkins! Great colors on your cards and love how they are versatile without sentiments. :)

JoAnn Ross said...

Those stitched felt pumpkins are a wonderful way to add texture without a lot of weight and thickness! I enjoy making fall cards because they use colors I don't usually use, so it's a nice change of pace.

Lynette said...

Great job with the sketch, Jeanette - pretty cards! I hope you get to make another, too.