Friday, July 12, 2013

Attempting CAS

Hi - I got some work done before I decided to treat myself with some creative time this morning.  :)  

I made these two cards for the CAS-ual Fridays challenge to use polka dots.  The CAS style is definitely not my go to style, I find it difficult, but I LOVE the look of CAS cards.  So, I'm going to try to get better.  :)

I used the concentric circle stamp that was on my table from yesterday and again used  kraft cardstock and white ink.  The sentiment is from Stampabilities and originally I wasn't going to add the color layer underneath the sentiment, but it just needed that bit of color.....okay, I needed a bit of color. :)

I couldn't decide what color combo to use, so I just made two cards.  I have a tendency to make two cards at a time anyway, so that worked for me.

Quote for the day:  "Let yourself be drawn by the strange pull of what you love. It will not lead you astray.  - Rumi

Thanks so much for stopping by and have a great day!

6 comments:

Sylvia Blum said...

Fab cards, Jeanette! I LOVE that circle stamp!!!
Thanks for playing along with us at CAS-ual Fridays in the "polka dots" challenge :)
Sylvia xx

Lynette said...

Very cool, Jeanette - love the layout and the colors you chose.

Vicki Dutcher said...

Awesome job on your self made background! Fun cards~

Teresa said...

Your cards are all cute. I sent you an email too, check it out.

Kelly Griglione said...

Too funny, I tend to work in pairs of cards as well! Love that circle stamp, I though it was patterned paper. Thanks so much for joining the CAS-ual Fridays Challenge!

Jingle said...

These are beautiful! Very nice! Thanks so much for playing along with us over at the CAS-ual Fridays Challenge blog!