Tuesday, July 23, 2013

A Helpful Hint

Hi!  My card for today uses the sketch from Tuesday Morning Sketches.  


It's Sketch #208.

I was looking at the samples from the Tuesday Morning Sketches design team and one in particular caught my eye.  It was Jessi's and her card is on her blog.  It is such a cute card with a fun image, papers and gloss on her toenails :)  What really caught my eye though is how she used little notches to hold her twine in place on her card.  That was definitely an 'aha' moment for me.  I wanted to try it right away.  So basically, I cased her card. 
I was able to choose some different things to create with than what I have been using recently because I finally got everything moved back into my craft loft.  I chose this cute little owl to make another 'miss you' card for OperationWriteHome.  Oh, I did use a Making Memories metal tag that I have had for a really long time, yay!!

Anyway, thanks Jessi for a great little helpful hint! 

Quote for the day:    "If the whole world was blind, who would you impress?" - Boonaa Mohammed
(Kind of a deep quote today, but when I read it, it made me stop and think!)

Thanks so much for stopping by and have a great day!

4 comments:

Debbie said...

This is so cute!! I love the plaid DP!!
Thanks for joining us this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches!!

Jessi Fogan said...

Thank you SO much, Jeanette! I can't for the life of me remember where I originally saw the notches, but I've done it for years - and it has saved many a card from driving me crazy! I'm so honoured that you were inspired :)

(PS - did you realize you have Word Verification turned on? It's Blogger's default setting).

Lynette said...

Very cute! I love your papers and owl.

Grandma Bonnie said...

Jeanette..what a super cute card..thank you for sharing your talent at Tuesday Morning Sketches!