Thursday, July 10, 2008

the first of many Thank Yous :)

Hi! I've got to get busy making thank you cards and this is the first one. My birthday was not too long ago and I've gotten lots of cards, from family and friends new and old. So now, I have a great reason to be making lots of cards! This one can kind of be considered loving an unloved stamp too, because I've had it for probably a year or so and this is the first time it's felt ink. I love the image though. It's a clear stamp from KI Memories. I stamped in Versafine sepia ink and then colored with copics. I didn't have the perfect colors to blend the flower petals the way I really wanted to, but I still like the way it came out. The striped paper on the right is from Imaginisce and the blue is Bazzill Bling embossed with a cuttlebug folder. The ribbon is a new one from American Crafts. The yellow paper under the image is from the Paper Company, metallic papaya. The thank you stamp is from Hero Arts. Of course there are hero arts gems on there too - gotta have some bling :)

Our quote for the day: "Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength." - Arnold Schwarzenegger

Have a great day and thanks so much for stopping by!

3 comments:

Denise G said...

Hi, I know that I don't leave enough comments. I love your blog and look forward to your email updates. I love your quotes and often read them to my girls which then often leads to interesting conversations regarding the quote. So thank you for taking the time to add that little touch.

I also wanted to comment on your card today. I love the colors and design, and the image, okay so I like everythig about it! It is really a fun card.

Hope you have a great weekend.
Denise G

Lynette said...

Such a wonderful card, Jeanette! Keep them coming:)

Jennifer Love said...

I think this is gorgeous! I love the colors you've chosen and the coloring of the flower is lovely. :)