Friday, July 18, 2008

One More Thank You Card :)



Good Morning! Another thank you card that I have finished. Now, it's time to get them all in the mail :) I don't know about you, but life is flying by so quickly for me right now. Summer is supposed to be relaxed and s l o w, but for some reason, it's not slow at all for me right now. I've got a million things to do and it doesn't seem like I'm getting any of them finished. Oh well, just keep on plugging, right?


This card uses a new stamp that I got for my birthday. I had been admiring it for sometime and so when I was asked what I wanted for my birthday, this was one thing that came to mind. I love it. I call it the fireworks flower, but it's real name is "burst of stars" by Penny Black. I'm finding that I'm buying more and more Penny Black stamps. I really like them and I LOVE the Penny Black sentiment stamps because of the cool fonts and sayings. Anyway, this paper is also something I had been admiring and I finally ordered it. It's SEI's Dill Blossom paper stack. I LOVE all the papers in it. The name of it caught my attention first, I grow dill and I love how light and airy it is and I LOVE the smell of it when I walk by and brush it. Sad, really, how I buy things because of the associations with them........but I LOVE LOVE LOVE all the papers in this stack. Okay back to the card.
I colored the image with prismacolor and Koh-i-noor pencils and blended with mineral spirits, inked around everything with chestnut roan chalk ink, and added dew drops, stampendous glitter stickers on the little flower bursts (you can't see them as well in the picture), ribbon and stamped "thank you" with another Penny Black stamp. Easy and fun!


Our quote for the day: "The moment one gives close attention to anything, even a blade of grass, it becomes a mysterious, awesome, indescribably magnificent world in itself. " — Henry Miller


Thanks so much for dropping by and have a great Friday!

4 comments:

ChrissyM said...

I love the flower. When I first saw the card in my email box before I read your post my thought too was you can use that flower as a firework. How neat. I'll have to look for that stamp. Lovely card!! I'm a huge fan of all your creations, you always use the right colors, paper everything. You Rock!!

Lynette said...

Very, very pretty Jeanette. Love the flower. Great card!

stampmonkey said...

Wow...you've been busy (and I've been too busy to stop by to see all your darling creations!)!! I love your fun style, Jeanette, and I think that little monkey from ccdesigns has got to be my favorite centerpiece on some of your most recent cards (although your new fireworks flower on this card gives him a good run for the money! -lol). Beautiful job on all your thank yous! I should be making cards (and pancakes for the kids!) instead of blurfing to oogle others'!

And while I'm here, I thought I'd wish you a happy {belated} birthday too! ;)

Jennifer Love said...

Oh that is just gorgeous! I love those colors together...so yummy!