Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Wednesday's DT Challenge


















Good Morning! Today's card is for All That Scraps Design Team Challenge. This week's challenge was a color challenge using SU's Groovy Guava, Chocolate Chip and Bayou blue, but since I don't have any of those colors, this is what I came up with.

The card base is white and I punched the slots in the right side of the back of the card and then punched them again in the "guava" colored bazzill. That was so I could make sure the slots were even. Then I cut the front panel of the card short enough so you could see the slots in the back. I used Cutie Patootie Bitzy Bug and colored her with prismacolor pencils and mineral spirits and a little glitter pen in the flower on her head. I also used the CC Designs plaid background stamp on the chocolate cardstock. the blue is from Bo Bunny - Blueberrie Dots. Then I added a vellum flower from Cloud9 Designs and put a Prima in the center of it. Dew drops at the top (I had to find a place for those :) and then tied the ribbon through the slots on the side. Oh, everything is inked on the edges with chestnut roan chalk ink. I still LOVE these challenges so be sure to go to the message board at All That Scraps in the Challenges and Contests section and you can play along!

Our quote for today: "The years teach much which the days never knew." — Ralph Waldo Emerson


Thanks so much for stopping by and be sure to go over to the gallery at All That Scraps to see more cards from today's challenge. http://www.allthatscraps.com/phptopro/showgallery.php?cat=537.

Have a fabulous day!

2 comments:

Jennifer Love said...

Cute card! Love the ribbon detail...that is sharp!

stampmonkey said...

Nice job with the color challenge, and I love your ribbon treatment here!