Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Sara's Sketch

Well to begin with, I might just have to get my daughter Sara to start her own blog :) Actually I love that we share this hobby/obsession and I love to see what she creates and learn from her. I also love sharing her creations with you. My sister saw one of the cards Sara made for me and said she would really like a card from her. Sara made her a bookmark probably 6 or so years ago and Sissy still has it :) So Sara took on that challenge. I told her about Jen del Muro's new sketch and printed it for her and this is what she made with it!



I love what she came up with. She loves bright colors and sparkles. She started with some provocraft patterned papers and one of my new Stamping Bella stamps. This one is Eloise Greengrass. Sara used prismacolor pencils and mineral spirits to color the image and glitter pens to outline everything. My sister won't see this until we see her I don't think, so hopefully it will be a surprise. Sara added prima flowers and dew drops (I think she likes the dew drops as much as I do :) Anyway, I'm sure I will be casing her coloring of Eloise, I just love it!

Our quote for the day: "Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter. " — Bono

Thanks so much for stopping by and have a great evening!

1 comment:

Lynette said...

Awesome card, Sara - very pretty! You must share your love of bright colors with your mom. Very cool that you can create together!