Wednesday, October 15, 2008

All That Scraps Wednesday Challenge

Good Morning! It's time for another ATS Wednesday Challenge. As you see below, this week's is a product challenge using ribbon. Do you have ribbons in your stash that you LOVE but you never seem to use. They just don't 'go' with the colors or the designs you've been using? Well this is the challenge for you! Base your project on your ribbon!!!!! I LOVE ribbon so I have lots of it and I love adding it to my cards and pages, but some of my ribbon doesn't get much love, so for today's cards I used one of those ribbons.



I also used my Annabelle stamp set by Cookie Crumbs. She's so cute! I used some fun things on this card. Of course primas and dew drops and my Copics. But my latest discovery is Shimmerz. This stuff is cool!!! It's sparkly paint, but not like acrylic paint, it's easier to use than that. If you click on the picture you'll be able to see it better. I have the Candle Light color (it's a very light yellow) and after I colored the background of Annabelle, I painted the Shimmerz over it. It REALLY shimmers. In the picture it kind of looks dirty but that "dirt" is actually sparkly stuff! I will be getting some other colors, like angel wings and maybe rustic red too. But you don't want to hear me debating with myself :)


Be sure to go to the ATS gallery to see other samples and use ribbon to inspire you. Then be sure to post it to the gallery so we can see too! :)


Our quote for the day: "Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm. "
— Ralph Waldo Emerson

Thanks so much for stopping by and have a wonderful day!

5 comments:

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

Great idea! Over the last few days I have been trying to challenge myself to use things that I "just had to have" but hadn't used yet. I do have lots of ribbons so you've given me something to think about here. Cute card, too!!!

stampmonkey said...

Super cute card, Jeanette! I love the soft yellow, the jewels on her crown, and your choice of ribbon is perfect here! Your Shimmerz don't look dirty -- you silly girl! They look sparkly (or at least a little, and I can imagine the rest -lol)! tfs

Denise said...

Very cute! Like the layout & colors.

Lynette said...

Very cute, Jeanette! Great ribbon to base your card on.

diane zechman said...

CUTE! I just started playing with Shimmerz too. :0)