Tuesday, October 14, 2008

A bit of my childhood.....along with a card :)

Good Morning! It's pretty chilly here today, I actually turned on the fireplace for a few minutes this morning while I was getting the kids ready for school. The leaves are BEAUTIFUL right now and I'm trying to enjoy them because I know that by the time I get back from Texas, they will be gone :(

This morning's card is simple, but uses some things I have been wanting to use for a while. My elephant die is from Sizzix and is one of the smaller originals. I wanted to make her felt, but I didn't have any grey felt so she's shimmery instead with Doodlebug sugar-coated pink toe nails :) White card base, pink background paper that was in my scrap drawer which I stamped with the heart from Autumn Leaves Scribbled Scripted set in pink. The pink cardstock in the middle (also from my scrap drawer) was embossed with cuttlebug swiss dots and then inked on the top of the dots with the same pink ink. I tied the ribbons on and stamped "welcome to the world" from Fiskars baby set.

Oh, the part about my childhood, the backdrop in the photo is my baby blanket, yes, I still have it. I don't sleep with it anymore, but I'm sure not getting rid of it. My grandmother who just passed away last year made it for me :) It's REALLY soft because of how much it's been loved (and washed :)

Remember to stop by tomorrow, because it's ATS Challenge Wednesday and it's a fun one!

Our quote for the day: "What is a friend? A single soul dwelling in two bodies. "
— Aristotle

Thanks so much for stopping by and have a wonderful day!

3 comments:

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

What a darling card!

stampmonkey said...

What a sweet baby card! I love how you made the elephant girly with the shimmery toenails and the blushing cheeks. ;)

That's neat that you still have your baby blanket, and especially meaningful that your late grandma made it for you. Definitely a special keepsake!

Lynette said...

Super cute, Jeanette! We still have our daughter's hand-made blanket that looks just like that:) Now she's a mom, herself. Maybe we should give it to her.