Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Remember October is National Breast Cancer Awareness Month


Good afternoon! I know I'm late again :) October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month so I wanted to make a card reminding everyone to get their Mammogram if they haven't done so this year. I've already been squished this year, have you? :)


This is a great stamp set from My Favorite Things, called "Think Pink". I stamped, colored with Copics, and paper pieced with this set! I used some old dp I had from All MY Memories and chalked the edges with chestnut roan chalk ink. I used my nestabilities scallops to cut the Bazzill Bling layer and then added pink hero arts gems to the scallops. The pink ribbon heart is stamped on the back side of one of the dp's and then colored with a twinklette glitter pen and inked and doodled :) I also added ribbon from American Crafts.



This is such a worthy cause to support, please take a moment to click here to go to the site where you can click to help fund mammograms for underpriviledged women. You can click once a day!


Our quote of the day: "Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself." - George Bernard Shaw


Thanks so much for stopping by and have a fabulous day!

2 comments:

Lynette said...

Great card, Jeanette! And what a great idea to link to the Breast Cancer free mammogram site! I click every day - it's one of the windows in my browser that is open every day.

stampmonkey said...

Beautiful card (I LOVE those colors together!), and a great reminder! tfs