Thursday, March 13, 2014

Clean and Simple Card Class

Hi  Today is day 4 of the Clean and Simple Card class.  My 3 cards today are a mix of the techniques we have been learning.  

Operation Write Home is requesting Mother's Day cards right now and my box is almost ready to go so I decided to add some Mother's Day cards to it. 

The first one uses masking and stamp layering techniques.  Many of my supplies are in our storage unit, so I was worried that I didn't have a floral set that I could build on.  But, I found this one which is an old Heidi Grace set.   I used chalk inks and added some pearl pen to finish.  This truly is a one layer card, which is definitely not a strong style for me, so I was really excited with how it turned out. 


This one is made with the same supplies, and is also a truly one layer card.  :)




After I made the one above, I decided that I wanted to see how it would look with a bit of detail around the masked portion,  so I created an inlaid die cut to keep it as one layer.  I did ink around the die cut with a bit of blue ink before I put it back in it's place, but I do think I like this one a bit better.  

This class is so much fun and I really am learning a lot of good stuff!

Thought for the day:
"The true test of character is...how we behave when we don't know what to do."    -  John Holt

Thanks so much for stopping by and have a great day!

No comments: