Saturday, March 15, 2014

Masculine Masking

Hi - I am still learning new techniques with the Online Card Class - CAS3.  However, I am learning that the CAS style is still a struggle for me, LOL!  

I LOVE the technques I'm learning and will definitely be using them but I might just be including them in cards that are more my style.  :)  This card uses masking to create the plaid, a REALLY fun technique!  The stamp/die cut are from Hero Arts and it is inlaid into the card creating one layer.  I love how flat I am learning to make my cards, it works well for mailing, which is what I usually have to do and it also works well for Operation Write Home!   I tried to make this a truly one layer card, but for me it needed the definition of the brown cardstock around the outside.   I really wanted to add more, like a fish-tailed banner with a sentiment across the bottom, but I kept it CAS.....at least for now.  :)


I am enjoying the class tremendously and will definitely look more closely at future classes.  :)

Thought for the day:  "There's not a lot of traffic when you go the extra mile. "  - unknown

Thanks so much for stopping by and have a great day!!

No comments: