Monday, March 10, 2014

Die Cut Inlays

Hi!  I am taking my first Online Card Class.  The one I am taking is Clean and Simple 3.  I have trouble with the Clean and Simple style, but I really do love it.  Today was the first day of class and below are my 'homework' assignements.  I used a technique called die cut inlay.   


I really like how this one turned out, but I do want to play around with more and add some detail like some faux stitching or doodling around the hearts.  For this one however, I kept it clean and simple.  :)

This one was actually my first attempt, but it didn't have enough color in it for me.  The inlaid stars are cut with fantasy fiber so they sparkle.  I added some stars stamped with Versamark ink and did some faux stitching around the stars.   I will write a note to a hero in this one and include it in my box for Operation Write Home. 


I can't wait to play along again tomorrow!
Thought for the day:  
Thanks so much for stopping by and have a great day!!

No comments: