Monday, March 24, 2014

Mother's Day Cards for Operation Write Home

Hi -  Today's cards are based on the sketch challenge from Operation Write Home.  I made a few more Mother's Day cards to finish packing my box. 

Here is the sketch:


Here are my cards.  This first one uses paper from We R Memory Keepers and Bazzill, prima flowers, a Quickutz die for the leaves and some soft twine.  These are not my go-to colors, but I like how it turned out. 



This one uses paper from We R Memory Keepers and Chatterbox and the same soft twine.   I love how this paper shines.  :)



Thought for the day:  "Wisdom is the reward you get for a lifetime of listening when you'd have preferred to talk."   - Doug Larson

Thanks so much for stopping by and have a great day!

4 comments:

Darnell said...

Lovely Mother's Day card, Jeanette! One is soft and feminine, the other is bold and striking! Both are beautiful! Hugs, Darnell

Lynette said...

Love both of your cards, Jeanette. IT's so great of you to make cards for OWH.

Diane said...

Both cards are sweet. The colors on the first card are soft and relaxing, and I like the way the design paper peeps through the circle cut.

Annie S. said...

So pretty! That first card is just soft and sweet. I like the rounded corners and especially the flower embellie. Very nice!