Monday, November 26, 2007

We have SNOW!



Good Morning! I apologize for it being so long since I posted. With Thanksgiving being here, I wasn't on the computer much at all. On Wednesday before Thanksgiving I woke up and didn't have to go to work, so I was leisurely drinking my coffee after getting hubby off to work. Well, it wasn't long after that, that these little snowflakes starting falling, not many of them just enough to make me smile. As the day went on, the snowflakes starting bringing friends with them until we ended up with about 2 - 3" of snow on the ground. Someone needs to tell the snow that it's still fall!!! Don't get me wrong, I really like to watch the snow from inside the house, but I'm still a southern girl at heart and I don't really like to get out and drive in the stuff. So because we still have traces of snow on the roofs and on the ground, I decided to post a winter frame I made. I saw these first on Emily Giovanni's blog and loved what she did with them, so this is my take on these fun frames. You can see more of hers on her blog at http://emilygiovanni.com/. I used a bunch of things I already had for this one. I painted the frame, then mod podged the Karen Foster papers on it. After that was all dry I embellished with snowflake buttons that I cut the shank off of, Jolee's 3D snowflakes, a sticker (gasp) snowman and some old Making Memories sticker letters that I distressed. The ribbon covers the seam between the two papers. Oh, and I inked all the edges with chestnut roan ink. It was very easy and very fun!! A little time consuming only because of drying time. My sister and I are very close and I always tell her she is the guinea pig for all my ideas because when I make the first of anything I almost always send it to her to see what she thinks and to get ideas from her to make it better. Well, I'd better get to work on some Christmas cards, it will be here before we know it. Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!!!

2 comments:

emilymomto3boys said...

you did a fabulous job on it too!! it looks amazing!

Jolene George said...

What a darling frame. So dang cute! I dont get snow in this part of Arizona, but I've been in it and I'm like you...I want to watch in fall from inside a warm house...not go out in it. ;o)