Thursday, November 29, 2007

Elzybells and a Snowy card





Hi! Finally a snowy card to show you since we STILL have snow on the roofs, not much, but it's still there. We should have put our outside Christmas decorations up last weekend, but we didn't, so it will probably be REALLY cold and snowing this weekend. Oh well..... This card I did for a challenge on Card Studio Designs, http://cardstudiodesigns.com/. If you haven't visited this site and you like to make cards, you should go check them out. Anyway about the card, I have been seeing the Elzybells stamps on other stampers' blogs and everytime I would go to the Elzybells site to look at them, I would just ooooo and aaahhhh over them. So I finally broke down and ordered some. They are soooooooo cute and great quality. You can see them at http://www.elzybellsna.typepad.com/. They have such sweet sentiments. Okay, so the challenge was to use paint, so I swiped two lines of paint on my patterned paper and stamped the sentiment on the white paint. The background paper doesn't really have snowflakes on it, I stamped those with Brilliance Pearlescent Sky Blue ink (which by the way is my favorite color for stamping snowflakes). The angel I stamped with Versafine black ink and colored her with prismacolor pencils then blended with mineral spirits. I used stickles on the snowflakes by the angel, ultrafine glitter on her wings and hero arts gems on her dress. I punched her out with my Marvy scallop punch and mounted that on Bazzill Basics paper and then pop-dotted the whole thing onto the card. Thanks for looking and have a great day!!

No comments: