Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Another Mother's Day Card :)




Good Morning! I hope everyone is having spring like weather by now....yes I know that's a dream, but I can dream it if I want to :) We had a frost last night :( One of the hardest things for me to get acclimated to living here from living in the south is how long it stays cold! I would love to be outside planting flowers now, but everyone says I need to wait until after Mother's Day. I guess until them I will make Mother's Day cards and water the plants we bought the other day that are living on our sunporch for now :)

I bought this stamp for this year. It is very similar to a Happy Thanksgiving stamp that I bought and I loved all the swirlies that are on it, so I figured the swirlies work even better for Mother's Day cards.....not so well for Father's Day :) Anyway, I started with Paper Company shimmer paper and embossed it with my cuttlebug, added the patterned paper from Paper Salon, it's Karen Newburger's serenity line (very sparkly :) The polka dot circle is cut from Doodlebug's Raspberry Sunrise Polka Dots and then I layered the stamped Happy Mother's Day on that, added some Hero Arts gems and pop-dotted the whole circle piece onto the card. Again, very easy! I love the colors on this one. When I make cards, I definitely take into consideration who will be receiving them and choose my colors accordingly. Then when I don't have a recipient in mind, I can choose whatever colors I like :)

Our quote for the day: "Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not;
remember that what you now have was once among the things only hoped for."
- Epicurus

Have a great day and thanks so much for stopping by!

No comments: