Tuesday, April 15, 2008

New Stamps :)




Good Morning! I'm as happy as a pig in the sunshine because we are supposed to have lots of sunshine today and the temp is supposed to get into the high 60's - woo hoo!!!!

I don't often use muted colors like the ones I used on this card, but I really like how it turned out, so maybe in the future I will do more of this. :) These are some new stamps that I ordered from Cornish Heritage Farms. The background is called Canvas Backgrounder, the flower is called Grunged Flower and the sentiment is call Bloom with Abandon (imagine that :). The papers I used are from My Mind's Eye the Screen Door collection, specifically, Perfect Plaid and Antique Floral. I stamped the flower in ColorBox chalk ink - Blush Rose and then used perfect pearls to color the inside as well as the white parts of the petals. I also used the perfect pearls around the outside of the stamped flower just to give it more distress. It was fun getting my perfect pearls out, I hadn't used them in a while, but every time I do, I love them!

Our quote for the day: "Few delights can equal the mere presence of one whom we trust utterly." — George MacDonald

Thanks for stopping by today. Have a great day and create something fun!

No comments: