Wednesday, April 23, 2008

More on Sketches

Good evening! It's actually feeling like spring here and the flowers are starting to come up and the trees are starting to get buds on them. I even have daffodils blooming! Such a wonderful time of year. I think spring is my favorite season. :)

I talk alot about sketches and in this post I want to show you how versatile they are. I used the same sketch by Janelle Richmond for both a card and a layout. Janelle also has a blog that she does only sketches on and she has a layout design team and a card design team so when she posts a sketch she also posts many different samples made with that sketch. You can find it here: http://janellerichmond.typepad.com/sketchthis.


Okay, here is Janelle's sketch:














Here is the card I made based on it:


I made this one almost exactly like the sketch and it was soooo easy. You can use scraps for this one too. I can see myself using this sketch for many different cards.


















And here is the layout I made based on the sketch:



For this layout, I turned the sketch on it's side. This is an 8X8 page that I used wallet sized pictures on. That was something new for me too and I love using that size pictures for 8X8's.













This is just one of Janelle's sketches and I think she's going to release new ones weekly. So you can get many layouts and many cards completed with just a little help from Janelle!


Our quote for the day: "A happy person is not a person in a certain set of circumstances, but rather a person with a certain set of attitudes." - Hugh Downs


Have a great day and thanks for stopping by!

No comments: