Monday, April 28, 2008

Mother's Day card #1




Good Morning! It's time to start making Mother's Day cards :) I've made a couple so far so I will share them with you in the next few days. Today's is really simple, but I love it. I love the colors especially. I started with Bazzill cardstock and added Basic Grey paper from the Lily Kate line at the bottom. I stamped Happy Mother's Day with a new stamp from Stampendous, it's a wood mounted and not part of an acrylic set. The ribbon and the ribbon charm I had in my stash and I'm not sure of the manufacturer on those, but the flowers are the wedding flowers from Michaels and primas all layered with little pearl embellies in the center. I did ink around the whole card with the same Sahara Sand ink I used to stamp Happy Mother's Day. That's it. Easy as can be!

It's cool here today, but warming up. Saturday started out warm here and dropped about 20 degrees during the day. We had a double header softball game and the wind was blowing really hard too. BBBBrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!! I'm ready for warm weather!! We did however grill two nights this weekend. YUMMY!!! I love the grill :)

Our quote for the day: "One of the greatest discoveries a man makes, one of his great surprises, is to find he can do what he was afraid he couldn't do." - Henry Ford


Have a great Monday and thanks for stopping by. If there is anything in particular that you would like to see, a technique, a use for a tool etc, leave me a comment and I will see what I can come up with :)

No comments: