Saturday, December 1, 2007

Christmas is Coming Faster and Faster



I don't know about you, but it seems like Christmas gets here faster and faster each year. I always say I'm going to start in July getting my Christmas cards made and starting to at least prepare my lists so I can be organized when October gets here, but alas it hasn't happened yet. July brings it's own set of priorities. Well, at least I've started on Christmas cards and Christmas shopping, not close to being finished mind you, but I've started. My favorite part of Christmas is the week before, I love thinking about Mary and Joseph preparing for Jesus and Christmas Eve just warms my heart. It's a more peaceful time for me than Christmas Day ends up being so I guess I reflect more on the real meaning of Christmas the week before so I like to have everything I need to have finished, finished by then so I can enjoy this special time.

As I type this I'm looking out my window at the freezing rain that is pelting our windows. It's supposed to turn to snow and then back to freezing rain, so I guess we'll be working on inside decorations today :)

This card I made for another challenge. I really like doing these challenges, I find it gives me a starting place. I used patterned paper from ProvoCrafts's Holiday Slab ( I know lots of people don't like the slabs, and I certainly don't buy all of them, but I really liked the patterns in this one and I have used it on a few cards now and I really like it). I sewed the green polka dot paper on the center and then used a ribbon that's from JoAnn's I believe. The little yellow star is punched from Bazzill Bling. When I first started scrapbooking and making cards, I had an obsession with punches, kind of like I have an obsession with paper and stamps now :) So I have ALOT of punches and continue to purchase more. I also have die cut machines, but my punches still come in ever so handy! The last piece on this card is the Prima poinsettia, oh my goodness, these are BEAUTIFUL! I have used them on a couple of cards already and I'm going to have to go get some more because I'm afraid of running out! They come in a few colors but the ones I have are the dark red/burgandy ones. These are great! Okay, enough for my rambling today, thanks for stopping by and happy decorating, shopping, stamping, scrapbooking, relaxing, what ever your plans are today!

No comments: