Monday, September 15, 2008

Are you ready for Autumn?

Good Morning! Another autumn card this morning :) Have I told you lately how much I love fall/autumn??? The colors, the temperature, the coffee, flannel jammies and slippers :)

This morning's card is another one made because of a scrap I had sitting on my desk. The Basic Grey piece on the top was just sitting there begging to be used so I pulled out some other fall stuff and this card came to be. I started with Bazzill Basics orange cardstock for my card base, then added the BG piece and the bottom piece which is flocked stripes from Heidi Grace (last years fall collection). The stamp is from Stampendous and I colored the leaves with prismacolor pencils and mineral spirits, then I sponged over the entire top of the image with Mellow Moss and edged it too. The craft piece is cut with my nesties and then I pierced the holes in each of the scallops. The glitter leaves are from MAMBI and the ribbon is from Hobby Lobby. The ribbon looks kind of funky in the picture but really it's a pretty green color and the "Welcome Fall" words are orange, but the whole thing is shimmery, that's why the colors are funky in the picture, sorry about that - it really does match though :)

Our quote for the day: "You are today where your thoughts have brought you; 

you will be tomorrow where your thoughts take you."
- James Allen

Thanks so much for stopping by and have a wonderful day!

3 comments:

Jennifer Love said...

Well now...that is just gorgeous!

ChrissyM said...

I love the leafs along the side! Very pretty card! I am enjoying the fall cards and all the great colors you use!!

stampmonkey said...

Ooooh -- I love the glittery leaves on this one! Beautiful card!