Saturday, September 13, 2008

New Exclusive Quickutz Dies

Hi! I know I can't say good morning because I'm running late today, sorry about that! I just wanted to get this card finished because I've had it in my head since Thursday night. The weather here has been yucky so I've been fighting a horrible headache and haven't been sleeping well so instead I've been designing cards in my mind for products I don't even have yet.......what is that about??? This Quickutz Zebra is one of the new exclusive to Archiver's 4X4 dies. There are about 15 new exclusive dies so hopefully I will be sharing some of them with you. I LOVE this zebra and my daughter, Sara, loves zebras right now, so it was perfect. Then I have this sentiment from StampingBella that I LOVE. One of the things I'm always telling Sara is to be true to herself. One of my favorite quotes that I wrote in a little book that I have with her is "Be like a turtle, at home in your own shell." This card expresses that for me.

I started with a white card base but then covered it with BoBunny Licorice Dot paper. I cut the zebra from Black Tie Bazzill Bling and Pomegranate metallic shimmer paper from Paper Company, I pop-dotted his nose onto his face :) Then I pop-dotted his whole body onto Tiara Bazzill Bling and mounted that on Doodlebug Sugar coated bubblegum paper. I stamped "dare to be different" in versamagic cloud white and added a basic grey rub on in the corner. I tied ribbon (don't know the manufacturer, sorry) and added hero arts gems to the top corner of the image. Lots of bling on this one :)

I know today is supposed to be Scrapbook Saturday and I do have a half finished layout of Ben that I'm working on, but this zebra was just calling my name :)

Our quote for the day: "A man cannot be comfortable without his own approval. "
— Mark Twain

Thanks so much for stopping by and have a wonderful Saturday!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

So cute-- I just bought some DP that would match your Zebra and ribbon PERFECTLY! :) I love all of the Doodlebug Sugar too!

ChrissyM said...

How adorable! I love the zebra and the saying is perfect. Great card. I do the same thing I order something online and before I get it I'm already thinking of card ideas and scrapbook pages.

Chrissy

Lynette said...

Very cute, Jeanette. And such good advice for Sara, too! (I love that little swirl in the corner.)

stampmonkey said...

What's not to love about a pink zebra?! I'm sure your daughter was tickled 'pink' to receive this card (sorry, couldn't help myself). ;)