Thursday, September 18, 2008

Used the same stamp TWICE :)


Good Morning - it's still morning :)
Like the title of this post? Well, I know I shouldn't be amazed by this fact and really all my stamps get used more than once eventually, but this one has been used twice in three days! And I don't mean I used it to make 10 of the same cards, that doesn't count. I used it to make 2 DIFFERENT cards :) Yes, I am proud of myself as silly as that sounds. Someone please tell me that you are the same way............PLEASE! :)


If there are typos in this I apologize, I have one of my cats laying on my arm as I type. She was doing it earlier and I got up and moved around hoping she would find somewhere else to lay, but she followed me around and when I came back in here, she came too and jumped back up on the desk and is again laying on my arm. She's so sweet and cute and has such a great personality that I can't just push her away (she'd just come back again anyway :).


Okay, on to the card - My picture came out with the colors a little brighter than they are in real life, think a little darker, a little more fallish (sorry about that). I made this as part of a challenge on SCS. The challenge was to use a background stamp with a glue pad and then glitter it. This was soooooo much fun!! I used to not like glitter believe it or not and now I even like playing with the loose glitter, boy how things change. I used the abstract leaves backgrounder from Cornish Heritage Farms and Art Glitter in orange crush. Oooops, I started with a chocolate brown card base. For the tree image which is an Autumn Leaves stamp, I did it just like I did for the last card. Burnt Sienna colorbox chalk ink, with Brilliance Pearlescent Ivy on the leaf edges, then glittered leaves with clear glitter from stampendous. I cut the image with my nesties and pierced the scallops. The plaid paper is from the DCWV Fall paper stack, the buttons are from Autumn Leaves and the ribbon is from May Arts.


Our quote for the day: "Forgiveness is the key to action and freedom. " — Hannah Arendt


Thanks so much for stopping and have a wonderful day!

3 comments:

Christina Fischer said...

Jeanette, this is beautiful! It's a perfect fall card!

And, some of my stamps have only been used once, too! :)

Lynette said...

Love the card! And congrats for using the same stamp twice. Sometimes I go in streaks and use them several times - I think because they are still out on my table!! But, I have LOTS of stamps that I haven't even used ONCE. Oops!

ChrissyM said...

Lovely card and congrats on using the same stamp twice in the same week, that's a challenge it it's self. I usually make one card and put that stamp away for awhile before bringing it out again.

Chrissy