Sunday, September 14, 2008

Fall is in the air.....really this time :)

Good Morning! Really, fall is in the air. The wind is blowing like crazy here this morning and it's overcast, so it really looks like it's cold outside. It's not really, it's 60 degrees but just looking out my window it looks MUCH colder :) So, I'm posting a fall card (plus I just finished it last night :)

This card uses many scraps that I had laying on my table (actually right now I can't find anything but scraps on my table, but that's a whole other story :) Okay, the stamps and the embellies weren't scraps, but all the paper is and the ribbon was just sitting in front of me too.

I started with a prism cardstock base and I don't know the true color of it but it kind of looks like putty but it doesn't really match anything so I don't use it very often. I decided to cover the whole front up :)
The dp is all from Basic Grey's Mellow collection. I think Mellow is my favorite collection of theirs, I use it alot! The image with the mice and the leaf is from Stampendous, called Max & Friend. I colored them with prismacolor pencils and mineral spirits and then added some glitter around the leaf. I cut them and the orange behind them with Quickutz flower cookie cutter dies and then inked the edges and poked holes in the scallops. The fabulous fall stamp is one of the small Stampology stamps from Autumn leaves that I got in the Hot Spot at Archivers. The gem leaf is from Me and My Big Ideas. I loved adding it :) The corners on the top are punched with the EKSuccess punch that I seem to use a ton and the ribbon is a silk ribbon that I don't know the manufacturer of, sorry.

I love fall colors, I think spring and fall are my favorite seasons. I can't choose between the two. Growing up in Louisiana we really didn't have spring and fall. It was HOT until winter and then it still didn't get all that cold. I love being here where we can experience all the seasons. I'm definitely thankful for them :)

I didn't get to stamp all day the other day when I told you I was going to try to, so maybe today....

Oh, before I forget, All That Scraps is now carrying Whiff of Joy stamps illustrated by Elizabeth Bell. Christine has the Guardian Angel collection as well as Willow and Oakley. Be sure to check them out, they are so cute!

Our quote for the day: "The good life is inspired by love and guided by knowledge. " — Bertrand Russell

Thanks for stopping by and have a fabulous day!

3 comments:

Lynette said...

Cute stamp, cute card, pretty papers. Nicely done!

ChrissyM said...

That image is adorable! I love what you've done with it. The leaf in the bottom corner is cute, it's different but a nice touch.

Chrissy

stampmonkey said...

Super cute image, and I LOVE your BasicGrey dp on this card. You pulled all the different elements on this card together really nicely.